The Patron of the Australian Army Aviation Association is General Sir Phillip Bennett, AC, KBE, DSO, Retd. General Bennett had a long and distinguished career in the Australian Army which culminated in tenure as Chief of the Defence Force from 1984 to 1987. General Bennett had active service in Korea (two tours) and Vietnam where he commanded the 1st Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment, and was awarded the Distinguished Service Order. He commanded the 1st Division in the late seventies and was Chief of the General Staff (the former title for Chief of Army) before becoming CDF. He was a strong supporter of Army aviation throughout his career, and undertook a rotary wing pilot’s course at Oakey during his appointment as the Commander of the 1st Division.
Following retirement from the Army, General Bennett was appointed Governor of Tasmania from 1987 to 1995. General Bennett is retired and lives in Canberra.
- President...Bill Mellor
- Vice President...Vacant
- Secretary...Major Dave Thomson (Army Reserve member)
- Assistant Secretary...Vacant
- Treasurer...Paul Coulthard (acting)
- Assistant Treasurer...Vacant
- Committee Member – Advocacy and Pensions...Kevin Moss
- Committee Member – 161 Association Representative...John Custance
- Committee Member...Major Tim Moorman
- Committee Member...Phil Game